I'm going to try to be better about posting. I'd forgotten how cathartic it is. Anyway, looks like I may have lost my mucous plug yesterday. I had a lot of cramping and discomfort all day yesterday. BP's were pretty good too - I had a headache and was nauseous all day. I almost felt like it was the beginning of the pregnancy again. I was worried about my BP - the headache was pretty bad and I had a lot of swelling. But I've been really watching the salt and BP was great all day.
I also got a burst of energy last night - got the rest of the bags packed for DS and I. All we need know is DD's coming home outfit. And I did a load of laundry. I would have stayed up all night cleaning if I hadn't had to work today - that's how much energy I got around 8 pm last night! So maybe labor will be here soon. The doctor wasn't at all concerned about the plug. It's not the best indicator of labor - it could be hours or weeks away. DP also got the walls primed in the nursery and I pray the paint will go on by the time the weekend is over. Her nephew (our donor) has promised to come next Thursday to help move the furniture upstairs and help with anything else that needs to be done. I pray he keeps his word because we really need some help right now.
Work has been good this week. My new person started and she is wonderful - all the stress of the issues with the other woman are gone - well at least from my day to day. There is still a lawsuit out there and I'm sure I will have to go to court someday. I can't go into great detail, but this former employee had applied for and had not gotten my job. So she sued the school for discrimination because of age (she was over 40 and me under 40) and named one member of the hiring committee (my boss) and then she named me for race discrimination against an African American (I'm white). It's funny because she is only 1/2 AA - the other half is Asian. So we joke at what half of her did I discriminate against - the right or the left. I have an attorney through the school and the school supports me and my boss 100 percent. In fact, the initial claim was filed with the school and the school denied it so that's when the woman moved on the the feds. Anyway, really, I may be white, but I get that from my mother's Irish/English background. My paternal grandfather was from an island off the coast of Africa and was of Portuguese decent and was an olive skinned man. I'm a lesbian living with a Hispanic partner and I specifically chose Hispanic donors so my kids would be half Hispanic. Go figure. I myself am part of an abused class, my partner is as well - double even being gay and Hispanic in a time when we are raging against illegal immigrants from Mexico - DP's Puerto Rican though so she is a US citizen by birth. But around here in the south "they are all dirty Mexicans". Anyway, it's nice to not have the day to day stress and I try not to think about court. My hope is the feds throw it out before we get that far.
Well I'd better get back to work. I want to be ready to leave on a moment's notice and there are still a few projects that need to be completed!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for no more plug! Can't wait to see pictures of that adorable baby girl!
I got your comment after I sent my email. Now I understand why you sent your chart. It doesn't say when you guys did the insems tho... can you help me with that?
Also... we have no problems having the big O after our insems!! :) Its the best part of the whole process!!
Post a Comment