Thanks Becky for the thought on the BP - I was thinking the same thing since I had the PIH. DP says getting a blood pressure problem during pregnancy can cause problems for life. I have a home monitor so when I get that icky feeling I will check my BP! It has been normal at all doctor visits since the baby was born. BUT I'll bet all this STRESS is jacking it right back up!!
Gosh there is just so much I want to be writing about. Yet I'm too tired and too busy to come here and write. So much on my mind about so many things.
We had a pretty good weekend. Not perfect but better than things have been.
Financially I am under a lot of stress right now. I'm losing some of our monthly income due to the economy. Things that were tight, just got tighter. I've eliminated some expenses here and there. But I haven't been able to cut expenses equal to the income loss. Not yet anyway - still working on it! I'm really resenting DP's $40 a carton smoking habit. It's a carton a week. $160 would by a lot of groceries. I've given up everything. I ran out of my two favorite perfumes but they are expensive and I'm not buying more. No new clothes. Every penny is for the kids.
You know I was trying to figure out how we got into such trouble financially. We're not crazy spenders. But then I realized we used all our savings on 13 months of TTC with the doctor and frozen sperm. Our car died and we have our first car payment in 5 years. Our heat pump died a couple of years ago. We have 2 kids now. We do have more expenses and less income than we had when we were both working. And now the economy has hit a small investment I had from my grandfather and I can no longer draw an income on it without touching the principle. And now the A/C unit might need to be replaced. I'm sure we can do some more belt tightening as they say. But it is hard because DP and I just don't agree on finances.
But this bad economy won't last forever. It will be okay - I know it will!!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment