Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What to do?

I went to bed early again last night. For the last 2 nights I have rushed through my evening chores so that I could get into bed early. Monday night I slept really well and did feel refreshed in the morning but of course it did not last. Last night DP woke me up twice. Once because I was snoring and once because I was on my back. I should add here that I am trying to sleep on my left side only in preparation for the months to come. I like to sleep on my tummy. That won't work for much longer and by the 4th month or so you have to be careful about sleeping on your back because of blood clots or something like that - read that when I was pg with DS. So anyway, I figured if I started now, by the 4th or 5th month I'll be used to it. Well it is not working. If my body has to sleep on it's side, then it wants it to be the right side not the left! But I read that the left is better for lowering BP. Anyway, last night I still got some sleep although I would have had more if someone had not woken me up.

So now here I am at work and the 2 PM hour is creeping up and so is the nausea and the fatigue. I don't know what to do. My office is the size of a matchbox and no one around here closes their doors (we don't have full walls due to security cameras) so closing my door will be suspicious. I don't know how to get some discreet rest. Of course my boss would support anything I need which is nice. I guess it's just the part about hiding it from the staff since I don't plan to disclose the pregnancy until I have to. I have a folding camp chair that I am going to try out at home this weekend to see if I could nap in it. I think it will fit in my office and then I can just close it up and stick it in the corner. I have a travel pillow and blanket too. Just with no full walls people might hear me snore and I'll bet the big boss will be able to see me on the cameras. That will be freaky. But what am I going to do? If the fatigue keeps up I will have no choice and if people find out sooner than I want them to then I'll just have to deal with it.

I can't wait for next week's appointment. I'm sure it will put me at ease on a lot of things.

1 comment:

twondra said...

I hope the fatigue gets better! I'm sure thinking of you!!!