And a rainy one at that! We had a beautiful weekend though - it was sunny and in the 70's both days! It was a nice treat after the very cold week and frost we had! I lost most of my basil in the frost. The garden is too big - I have nothing to cover it with and I just didn't get out there soon enough to pick it all - honestly there was just too much anyway - I have a field of basil!! Someday I'll be able to afford a little greenhouse window. I've seen them, but I think they are about a thousand dollars or so. Yikes.
We didn't do much. Got our shopping done on Saturday and finally a big boy haircut for DS. I cried and scooped up every curl and ringlet into a baggie as the lady cut them. DS was so good though so he got to get a couple of videos afterwards at Walmart. He chose himself - it was so cute, he walked around and around the sale display. He chose the election edition of School House Rock - I was so thrilled. I love School House Rock! I'm totally from that generation of kids!! And then he chose a 2 pack of All Dogs Go To Heaven and Fletch somebody or other. He loves dogs! Well we watched the first one yesterday and I think it was too old for him and way too sad. I cried at the end!
Around this time of year this really neat thing happens at our house. It happens every year without fail. Birds, tons and tons of birds, fly over our house in the evenings around 5 pm or so. I am assuming they are heading further south, for although it's not bad here, we certainly are not Florida! It's amazing. We have about 2 acres of land so I would say the flocks are about an acre wide. And the always fly over our house - same direction, same formation. Year after year. We've been here 6 falls now. We live in a fairly big subdivision so they could fly a little to the left or right and fly over someone else's house. But they don't. It's amazing. And it really is a pretty sight. I wish I knew where they were going and why they fly that same exact path.
We didn't get much housework done this weekend and didn't work on the floor. DP is not feeling well - bad headaches. And I'm just too damn tired. I've got to pick it up this week. I know I keep saying that. Maybe if I say it enough it will happen? Ha. My mother called and wants to come over next weekend. Ugh. I haven't called her back. I'd better work hard around the house and get DP in a good mood for that one!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment