Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More thoughts

I forgot a few things. The baby won't cooperate at the ultrasounds. So we still don't know what it is. The doctor thinks that due to a lack of obvious boy anatomy that we have a better than 50% chance of it being a girl. But really the baby's legs were tight together so what looked like a vagina could just be a smooshed scrotum - lol. Maybe we'll get another peek in December!

I also started my progesterone therapy and my once a week appointments. I put in a formal request to work from home on all appointment days. I've been requesting it as they come up but now that I'm at once a week I figured it was silly to ask they same question every week. I'm am so grateful that both my bosses thought it was a fine idea. I had to sign a standard telecommuting agreement, but it's no big deal. My boss also, unbeknown to me, approached our department head about me having a working at home maternity leave since I'm only going to have a few weeks of earned time. He said yes! My boss is a working mom and she used to work for a great company where you got paid maternity leave and did not have to use vacation or sick time. I can not believe how much she is supporting me and I am so grateful! Because we work with money we have security cameras and those of us in offices don't have walls that go all the way up. Well my boss checked and with my door closed you can't see in my office so now I'm all set for pumping at work. I had been really worried about it. But she said not to, if she had to, she would adjust the angle of the camera. She pumped at work for a year - can you believe that? But I'm so excited to have the support for whatever I need. I've been having some more personnel issues that have been getting me down and it is a great feeling to get this support from my bosses!!

I've got so much to get organized. I didn't feel well yesterday and I just got this ominous feeling that I need to get ready. I need to be ready to work from bed rest at any minute. We have to get the house in order. I have a plan to be ready January 1 and hopefully the baby will cooperate and if I have to go on bed rest, it won't be before then. That will put me at 23 weeks which is two weeks shy of when I started having problems the last time. My hope is that over my Thanksgiving break we can FINALLY finish the floor in the bedroom and get it all back in order and get the garage done. Then over the Christmas break we can get the baby's room done and the playroom and new office space done. Then once we get our tax refund, we'll be able to put the cabinets in the laundry room and reorganize the kitchen. Let's see, I don't know why I'm so anxious about needing to be ready. I guess because it came out of nowhere the last time. I'm trying to have some control this time around.

No comments: