I'm really worried about what effect this is going to have on the baby inside me. I felt great with DS. But with this baby I'm feeling pretty awful emotionally. There is a lot of stress and I am truly questioning my sanity of wanting to bring another child into this world.
It's funny though, this time around, I do have a hope for the future. I think it is because I'm finally learning to live with my depression. I was diagnosed with dysthymia with periods of double depression. I've tried years of therapy - very helpful and medication - not so helpful. Oh and PMDD - I have that too. So for the most part I'm blue all the time - I don't respond well to medication. Then I have these periods of major depression. But you know what, I always come out of them. And I think that's what's different this time. In the beginning I didn't know what it was like to come out of it. This time I know it can be better again. I just have to ride it out. And I am stronger this time. I still think about taking my son and running away. But I don't think about killing myself like I did in my teens and 20's.
So that's progress right? It means that I'm finally learning to manage my illness. Well that's what I'm telling myself. It works for me!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just getting to your blog today....so sorry. Yesterday was so busy running.
Sorry you're struggling with depression. That's so tough. I'm always here.
Post a Comment