Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh TGIF!

I'm so happy it is Friday. I'm really not feeling well at all - the headaches and nausea are back. DP is worried that it is my blood pressure. I will check it at home with her machine and then make sure I mention it to the doctor next week. With DS I was over those symptoms by now.

Work is very busy and my staff is bugging me. It's petty stuff. I came out of my office today and everyone was gone. Apparently one of them took a different lunch and didn't check with me. There is supposed to be coverage at all times. They do little things like this all the time - call in sick when they know I am out of the office, change their lunches without telling anyone, etc. It is so annoying. I don't want to be a micro-manager, but we need to have coverage for the phones and answering the phone is not one of my responsibilities, but if I know no one is out there to answer it, I will of course do so. But sometimes they'll all be away from their desks. When I worked a front office, I didn't leave my area until the others were back. But I don't feel well so I guess I'm just being petty. I have another staff member who likes to go to lunch at 2 pm which I think is crazy that they are gone in the middle of the day. I'm thinking of asking the big boss if I can assign lunch hours - both of the other sections in our office do that. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't either.

I hope we have a good weekend. I really hope we can get out of our slump and get some things finished around the house. We have to finish putting the flooring in the master bedroom and trim out the closets. We say we are going to do it every weekend and then we don't. Part of the problem is that the air gun freaks Max (the very nervous dog) out and the last time we used it he was practically climbing the walls. And this flooring is really a two woman job but now one of us has to take care of Max. But we have to get it done. I really want to organize our closets and put everything back in our room and closets. It's still piled in the dining room and part of our bathroom and it is making me crazy. We've got to get it done so we can move on to converting the office for the new baby. There is so much to do. I get overwhelmed and then I don't want to do anything.

DP said definitely I need to rest this weekend. I'm looking forward to that. Wednesday I worked from home and it was so nice to sit in my pj's with my feet up and work from my comfy chair.

There's not much else to report. DP has not heard from legal aid or disability services. I hate being the one who has to call for her. I wish she would take some of this on herself. I did spend an hour on the phone at lunch today with Sprint. They over charged me for our new phones. My bill did not match the shipping receipt. It took talking to 4 people, but I finally did get over $75 in credits so I was happy.

Now I'd better get back to work. There's much to be done!!

1 comment:

twondra said...

Hope you have a relaxing weekend! Be sure to rest and not do too much work around the house.

Frustrating about work and the lunches. I would definitely look into assigning lunches. I think that would help. Our clinic does that.

Thinking of you sweetie!!