Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

CSA

I found a few farms in the area but as I thought, it is too late to join for this year. I'm going to keep looking into it, but I think I have identified one local place for produce and maybe eggs. We are doing as much organic as we can for the baby, but we think we are ready to take the next step for ourselves and to introduce more organic in general. I've found one place that does meat, but I think it is too far away. I'm going to do more - thanks to Shari, she really got me motivated! I feel like we have to do something to stand up and protest gas prices and everything else. No matter what I have to drive somewhere for my shopping. If I drive to the farm instead of Walmart, I've at least saved on the transportation cost of the produce from the farm to the store! I'm also thinking of joining a commuter van. I'll cut my commuting costs by at least half and help save the environment too. I know I'll never get a real protest going - one where all the world joins in to take a stand. But at least I can do it and then maybe make one other person change by seeing my example.

1 comment:

RainbowMomma said...

Oooo, I LOVE this post! (And NOT just because my name is mentioned. HeeHee!)

I love everything about doing what we can so our kids and their descendents can have a healthy earth to live on.

I can't buy everything organic, but I buy as much as I can. (Especially for my daughter.)

Whatever you can do, it will help. The vanpool sounds like an excellent idea. The combination of saving money and doing something for the environment is the best!

Good luck! (And ya never know, you may find a CSA that still has shares.)