The place where I work is slowly moving from a state graded system to something called banding. Today I got my banding results. I am highly disappointed and highly insulted. I am a manager, was hired as a manager, and have been placed just below the manager classification and in the middle range, not even at the top. I'm not sure what this is all about. In addition, the salary for my placement is exactly what I am making now so there goes any hope of a raise. I barely make more than my staff as it is. My supervisor was also slighted and the big boss is going to appeal. A peer of mine was rated the same as my boss. My boss is going to talk to the big boss about my placement but I'm truly unable to feel hopeful about it.
I have had this difficult staff person to manage and so many issues. Even though I've done the best I could and no one before me could do any better, I will surely be penalized for not being able to bring said staff memeber into the team spirit. I'm so not looking forward to my review. All this year I felt like I was doing a pretty good job considering the staff I had been handed and the problems I inherited. My bad employee got banded too - the 2 others were banded last year. Employee was not happy either - even though they got more than what was fair. I went to discuss with my boss this afternoon and was snapped at because I guess they are very busy today.
I'm tired and I just want to run away. No more problems at work or home, just take the baby and get a little tiny apartment in some small no name place in America. I could learn to wait tables and we can live on PBJ and hope, right?
Oh this too shall pass as do most of my complaints in life...
Hauled 40 boxes of Pergo into the house last night so it could adjust to house temperature in preparation for installation on Saturday. I have my fingers crossed that this floor will go down in a weekend and not take as long as the tile. It feels good to slowly get things put back together. I'm not sure if i mentioned that I found a puppy in the tornado warning last Tuesday. I'm too tired to go back and see what else I could be repeating...so anyway, she's going up for adoption through a local agency this weekend. But in the meantime she chewed the woodwork that we just patched. Once she's gone we'll have to replace the whole thing. And re-paint the laundry room again because she pushed the door open and it hit the wall and part of where she chewed, it wrecked the paint. Cute puppy, hope she finds a good home!
I guess I'd better get back to work even though today's news has left me feeling like just packing up my desk and saying see ya. Oh and I've been looking at the dewar Northwest has for storing sperm at home. Buying 2 vials for next month will be about $550. The tank is about $600. I just need to figure out how to store the sperm. I'm thinking that when nephew comes to visit he could make lots of deposits! I'll need to find liquid nitrogen - where the heck do you get that? We looked at those little shippers since it will be hard for nephew to come except on weekends and even then I'd have to help pay for transport and of course so far I haven't ovulated on a weekend in a long time and since AF will be here any moment it doesn't look good this time around either. Anyway, need to do more investigating because nephew will probably be here 3 days at the 4th of July - no O then either - but we could collect 3 days of deposits which could probably fill 3 vials each for a total of 9. Maybe I'll post a q to NWA message board. Or Michelle's. I haven't posted there yet.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment