Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Nice weekend

We had such a lovely weekend! DP's nephew and his girlfriend drove down from DC to visit. We did yeard work and housework while we waited for their arrival on Saturday and then just hung out Staurday night watching movies and eating chinese food. Sunday we took them around town and then ended up at a local park with a fishing lake. DP and nephew fished while girlfriend and I took baby on a walk around the trails. It was a lovely day. We finished up with dinner at Golden Corral - a buffet to please all palates - most especially the 2 year old palate! Although we are lucky, DS will eat anything so long as he can gum it up! Poor child still only has 4 front teeth on the top and 2 on the bottom. But the pediatric dentist says they are up there - he could see them on the x-ray - he's not worried - see ya in 6 months! Ok, an almost 2 year old should have more teeth...but I didn't go to medical school so what do I know?

Gosh, we had such a nice time with "the kids" - we haven't been able to stop talking about it. This is the first time I've met DP's nephew. He was living in Jersey when we were in Boston, then NYC, then back to Boston after we went south. They just moved to DC a couple of months ago. He's the one who is going to donate to us and now that I've met him, I'm so excited about it. Frist of all he's very handsome, dark latin eyes, tall...and he looks like he could be DP's son. it will be so awesome to have a child she can havea biological connection to. Not that she loves our DS any less...

I'm trying to learn to deal with DP and her oddeties and attitude. She's very "machismo" for a woman, but I guess that's the latin upbringing combined with the butch. I'm realizing more and more though that she is just like my mom - controlling and negative. I'll never be perfect enough for either one of them - I disappoint them both at every turn. You'd think after 6 years together we'd be in some comfy routine. Some days I think I should run far away, and other days we have the snippets of good times. I'm so torn as to what to do. I'm very conflicted and it is stressing me out!

I have to go on a diet - why do I have to love to eat so much, why does food have to taste so good? I want to get up in the morning and walk, but I don't sleep well at night so I can't get out of bed in the morning. It's a vicious circle and I'm talking and writing in circles because I dont; know where to start or stop with anything these days.

But it was a nice weekend - lovely weather and lovely company and DS kept me amused with his many discoveries on our walk. Who would have known that rocks and burrs could be so much fun?

1 comment:

twondra said...

Glad you had a good weekend!