Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally Friday

I'm so glad it is Friday - I'm taking Monday off - baby's b-day is this weekend. So I appreciate the advice and support I got from my last post.

Last night my mom called my cell phone and was a little nasty in her tone when she left a message. It seems she had called the house phone twice this week and had not gotten a call back. You'd think she'd be concerned, not nasty - no not her. Well the house phone (we only have one since we rely mostly on cells and I have to talk on phone all day at work - I like peace at home) is somewhere in the dining room because last weekend we had to empty the living room to do the floors and this weekend we are painting. I wasn't thinking at 11 PM as we were moving everything around and all the small stuff went on the dining room table that we had moved to the corner of the room and all the big stuff is piled in the space left. I can't get to the phone now even if I wanted to and I don't know how to check that voice mail remotely. That's how much I just don't care about the darn phone. Anyway, I have not spoken to her since before my aunt was here and last night we told her she needed to come over and have a talk. She wanted to know about what and I said I'd rather talk in person. I did mentione the snide comment my aunt left when she called and mom claimed to know nothing about it. Well since the only other person in the house is my dad who has Alzhiemer's I wonder who else my aunt could have been talking to? My mom is such a liar - she got real quiet when I said I had saved the recording. I saved last night's too because she has no business being nasty just because I did not call her back. Of it's so long and complicated to write every detail. But really do I have to call my mom when I take a crap? Does she have to know all my business including my redecorating plans? When is she going to back off? So Tuesday is the big showdown. She wanted to come over Sunday for the baby's b-day but I said no - we have plans. My brother will be painting and we are going to try and do some fun things with the baby. She was like - when will I give him his present. My mom has this thing about having to see you and talk to you on your birthday. It is so annoying. I'm a grown up. I know I saound mean and petty - it's hard to understand until you've lived with my mom and you have to know the whole story of how emotionally abusive she was over the years. It's been 6 years that DP and I are together and I'm always telling her some other story of how I was treated and hurt as a child. I hope this goes well, that DP gets alot off her chest, that we don't make it worse. My blood pressure was so high last night - took it with DP's monitor. I was having pains in my back and arm! I have to relax.

Got into the M&M's today and I think I'm ovulating now on day 8 - how absurd. Don't know if nephew can drive down this weekend or not. I'm so bummed. I'm goingto excercise tonight for sure. Too much in my head...oh and troublesome employee is probably going to appeal the review. I've already had an e-mail about it. My boss and I replied today and I have not heard anything else. It makes me sick - filing a lawsuit for false reasons....

Ugh too much stress - can't wait to relax with the family. Hopefully DP will be in a good mood all weekend!

No comments: