Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good Training

The training class went well today and I'm officially a "safe" place for students. Next stop, mentor! I hope I can be the role model I never had. I think if I had been in a less homophobic environment I would have been able to come out alot sooner than I finally did!

I returned to the office to find no one there. Two of my staff were in a training class and troublesome employee decided she was ill and had to go home before I returned to the office. I've been alone all afternoon and just now one employee returned from class for the last bit of the day - the other took personal time and went home. I really don't think troublesome employee is that sick at all. She's constantly late to work, but knows how to use the system and has now cried illness and is putting in for FML which means we can't do anything to her for being late. It's the same reason why she sued us for discrimination. She got a bad review and knew it was the first step in us trying to let her go. Once you file discrimination you are "saved" by the no retaliation clause. It is a frustrating turn of events and who knows how long it will drag on. Our attorney says EEOC moves very slowly. But at least they are confident that we did nothing wrong and that troublesome employee has no case against us.

My mom and aunt did not call last night when my aunt arrived. I wonder if they will call tonight. I'm not looking forward to having to deal with this weekend visit at all. I'm working on confrontation issues at work - I avoid them with my mother though at all costs!

The baby went to the dentist yesterday. We took him to a pediatric dentist because he is almost 2 and has only 4 teeth. DP really liked the dentist - he turned out to be hispanic which I had not picked up on from his name. So he talked to the baby in spanish, but it didn't help! He still cried! They took x-rays and said his baby teeth are there and the adult ones too, but that the baby teeth still have not finished developing and not to worry, they are there and they will eventually come in. He also said not to worry that we still have to give him mushy food, even though the pediatrician said he has to learn how to chew. The dentist said he can not possible chew all solid food with no teeth and to remember we have to keep his nutrition up and not to worry about problems later. Gosh it's a tough balancing act with a preemie to do the right thing. Sometimes the need more time, but if you baby them you can hinder their development. I worry so much about doing the wrong thing! I need to relax and just let the baby be himself!

Oh, gosh we got great stats on gay people in class today. I'm going to post some of it here tomorrow. We did talk about how people are always curious about how we have sex. It's funny really. Why are people interested in that?

No comments: