I haven't had tome to write - I had class and then work was busy yesterday. TE has been on time all week and may get denied FML - which I was hoping since TE was using it as an excuse for being late. When will TE realize that I will always be one step ahead and work closely with HR to make sure all is as it should be? I won't take lying and abuse of the system easily! I'm waiting for the final word from HR, but think that the fact that TE was on time all week is a clear indication that the FML was denied. We were working to write TE up for tardiness - been warned 6 times, I think it is time for something stronger! And there are some other issues, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the conflict in my life and as a major conflict avoider I just want to run away and hide!
DP has stewed all week about the brunch and finally exploded last night. It was awful and I spent most of the night crying. And then the baby was up twice during the night. It will be a long day at work. I don't know what to do about DP or my family. So many people break ties with their family when they are toxic. I'm not sure I am strong enough to do that. I can't please DP, can't please my mom. I hate conflict and although I am a good advocate for others, I never advocate for myself. I just allow toxic people around and let them control me. DP is trying to control this situation and that is not helping. I know she means well - she is trying to take the negative energy out of our lives and protect me. She just doesn't get the part about the guilt I have about feeling like I need to be a good daughter. I just want to have a normal, happy family. But instead I have all this hate and conflict, snide comments and hurt feelings, and everyone trying to take control. I feel like no one is listening to how I feel. My mom wants it her way and DP wants it her way. I don't know what to do, confront my mom (scary and although I don't like her I don't want to hurt her - strange because she hurts me all the time) - but I don't think my mom will change. I could disown my family - extreme yes, but people do it all the time.
I'm going to lose DP if I don't do something because she can't take the stress anymore. But it's not fair that people are forcing me to choose between them. I just don't know what to do!!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww, sweetie, I'm soooo sorry. It's not fair of others to make you choose. What about writing a letter to both of them explaining? I don't know if that would help, but whenever I'm stressed about someone, I'll write them a letter. It gives me a chance to say what I want to say but then I won't say something I regret to their face. It's just a thought.
Hang in there hon! If there's anything I can do, let me know!
Post a Comment