Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Stressing Out

My birthday is Thursday and I have to go have lunch with my mom. She wanted to take me out this weekend and go to lunch and go shopping. I had to say no as we have other plans - you could tell she was annoyed. I offered to meet her at her work on my lunch hour instead. What can I say, it's MY birthday. Ugh, I hate to be alone with her - but we'll be in a public place so maybe she won't start anything. Overall there is just so much tension and I don't want to let her get to me.

And work is stressing me out too. TE got approved for FML so now we can't do anything about them being late and missing work. And my boss does not want to do a formal write up on the other issues because of the lawsuit and not wanting to appear that we are on a "witch hunt" - which I totally understand, but it still leaves me with a bad employee. I guess we are going to do some "coaching" instead and still get things documented to back up performace reviews at the end of May. TE won't be getting a good one again.

I really don't know what to do anymore about either situation. DP has been stressing big time too and we have been taking it all out on each other which I know is wrong but we get so stressed that we just snap. It's a whole lot of pressure! I read a blog and the woman posted something that I think has to do with her mother and it really moved me - I wish I could be so strong and keep my toxic mother out of my life. I wish I had someone to talk to who knows what I am going through - but luckily everyone I know has pretty good family ties. God Bless them for that - if I could be so lucky!!

My brother worked on the floor all weekend and it is almost done!! He thinks he can finish up on Saturday! And then he said he'd take one weekend off and then come back to put in the Pergo! I can't wait to get it all done!! We got a cherry tree over the weekend to plant - last year we planted a pear and an apple. The blueberries are looking good this year and we got all our herbs. Due to the drought I don't think we'll do veggies this year which makes me sad. But we are on a well and we need that water for bathing and washing clothes and for the dogs to drink! I hope it doesn't get too hot this month so we can work on the yard some. By June all we'll want to do is mow and trim quick!

No comments: