My first comment! Thanks Tammy - I appreciate the support! Reading and sharing with others on the NW board kept me sane for the past 14 months!
Today is not starting out well at all. My troublesome employee went home sick yesterday at noon and then called in today. Normally I would not care - life is pleasant at the office without said employee. However, we have an all staff training today that I arranged some time ago. It is training that is highly important to the direction we are taking with our work and it is the first time we've ever had this kind of training. It is really a huge deal to miss it and I am beside myself. What an utter lack of committment. I would have to be dead before I missed something like this! Okay, I'm the manager so I do have to have a high comittment to my work, but even in the days when I was just a worker bee - I never did anything like this. Okay, I take it back - it happened to me once early on in my career. I had a 2 day conference that I attended with the boss - the afternoon of day one I started to not feel well. Very bad headache, blurred vision, numbness in my left arm, dizzy, feeling like everything was going black. They took me to ER and I had to stay all night - they thought I had a stroke (which THANK GOD) I did not, but I also had to have a spinal tap so needless to say I did not make the second day of the conference. But I was practically on my death bed!! This employee has chronic attendance issues so I seriously doubt they are near death! I can't do anything about it because they are trying to get FMLA so until our lawyer approves or denies it my hands are tied. And we are in the middle of a lawsuit because said employee has filed discrimination charges against us.
By the way - way back when - it was finally determined that I had a massive migraine and atypical symptoms can mimic a stroke!
And DP and I are still fighting. Did I say in my first post that I was happily married? Not this week! A topic for another time since I need to get ready for the training - we are "hosting" people from our rival University!! It should be fun since we live in a hot college sports area!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. You poor thing! You sure have been through a lot. I'm thinking about ya! Hope you and DP make up soon....it's no fun to fight but making up is fun. :)
Post a Comment