Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Update

As is the usual case in my life, the last 4 days have been a roller coaster. DP and the crew had a long drive with alot of traffic and they had to stop many times. As a result they did not get in until 5 am on Saturday. It was very frustrating because I really felt Friday was the day for insemination. They were so tired that everyone went right to bed. I couldn't sleep but did manage to rest for about 2 hours before the baby got up at 10 am. During the night I only slept about 2 hours as well. DP got up and we fought all day. She did not notice anything I HAD done and only criticized me for what I did NOT do. It was awful, it was almost like a repeat of that horrible Monday that I have yet to write about. She threatening to leave, me crying and feeling so small and worthless. Finally later in the day she apologized which was surprising. Nephew did not get up until 4 pm and I was in such a bad mood because I felt like my window was gone. My temp was still low and I had saliva ferning on my microscope but the EWCM was just gone. But then low and behold don't I get a positive on my OPK! I wasn't going to use them because of my history of false positives on day 8 during my clomid cycles. But on Friday I picked some up just in case. I wasn't able to get a speculum from my doctor so I figured what the heck. So we inseminated when he got up and then again at like 1 am. Sunday my temp had still not risen and I still had ferning so we went ahead and inseminated again on Sunday night. I also started to feel what might have been O pain, but I also felt that around day 8 so I don't know. It's hard to say about the CM because once we inseminated I did seem to have a watery discharge, but that could be seminal fluid since we were using fresh and doing vaginal insemination. My temp did rise on Monday morning but I still felt like I was having O pain and I still had ferning. OPK went negative Saturday night and stayed that was. I only got one positive reading out of 7 sticks. So we went ahead and inseminated again last night. Temp was the same this morning.

So let's see. I'm having some little twinges on the left side, kind of pinching quick and then it goes away. I'm kicking myself for not charting everything all month very carefully. I just figured with nephew only being here certain days, it just didn't matter. But for my own piece of mind I wish I could know how I did with timing. I really need to get some speculums because it would have been helpful to see if my cervix was open and if there was any CM up there.

So on another note, it really was a crazy weekend. We went to the beach on Sunday and the baby loved the ocean. DP and nephew went off to the pier to fish and left me alone with the baby for 4 hours. I was pissed. It was very hard to manage the wind, mind the baby, watch our stuff, all alone! It got so windy at around 4 pm that I called them and said come back. Plus it was over a 2 hour drive home and I was tired. DP was pissed at me because she was having a nice time. Geesh we were there for 5 hours and I was having a horrible time. The baby was in a bad mood and he screamed the whole way home. Monday I called in sick. I got no sleep Sunday and I was just too tired. Plus DP had a doctors appointment and I wanted to go to it. Also nephew might be staying the week. My SIL who works for the airlines got him a companion pass to fly but we totally forgot that there is a dress code for employees and family that fly on the passes. You have to wear dress clothes and of course nephew only has jeans and sneakers. He doesn't want to have to go buy clothes. So I think he's going to stay the week and then either we'll drive him back to DC (just 4 hours) or his gf will come get him and stay the weekend. Then they will pack up the apartment in DC and move back home to live with his mom and help her out - I think I mentioned that his dad is dying of liver cancer and is in hospice now. So that seems to be the plan. I was happy because it meant an extra insemination just in case we weren't too late with the timing. Of course my book says go with the gut and that says Friday was it. But I'm going to try and keep a good attitude.

Newphew needs to find a job back home now. His gf got a transfer so she's all set. He wants to go work with my SIL at the airport which would be nice because he could have a flexible schedule and fly for free. That would help us alot with future inseminations. DP is having an ultrasound of her legs today to try to find out why they are swelling. Newphew is going to go with her because I needed to come to work. When I called out I said it was because the baby was sick. I couldn't exactly say it was because I just didn't feel like working - lol!

It's always something. I'm so envious of people who seem to have such a peaceful life. Mine is chaotic. DP's mood swings are horrible.

I need to find a happy post in me. Maybe at lunch!

1 comment:

twondra said...

I'm glad you got at least an insem in...that's a positive! I'm sorry about all the hassle. You poor thing. :( Hang in there!

Thanks for all the support! It means a lot!