Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy, busy

I haven't had much time for writing lately. I'm getting ready to go on vacation and there are a few things at work I'd like to finish up. I'm going to try and take a real vacation and not one of those "I'll check in from home" type vacations. Even though I am staying at home. The family is coming to us for THEIR vacation. I'm guessing we'll do some day trips (can't go overnight, no one to mind the dogs) but we'll have to see how gas prices are. It's so sad that there used to be a time when we would just jump in our cars and go - cheap - flying was the luxury. Now even driving 2 hours to the beach is going to cost us 2 tanks of gas - $120. Geesh.

My brother blew us off for the bedroom floor and now we are doing it ourselves - but it is slow going. He was pissed that when he showed up on Saturday we did not have the room empty and the carpet up. I said we would try. I had to work all week, DP had cut her hand, we were going to need more help. He stormed out of the house and left. He called me after a bit to bitch at me. We each ended up hanging up on each other. Oh well. We've learned to do alot ourselves. We can install this floor too.

But it has put us way behind on getting done before the company arrives. It's gonna be some long nights!

On the TTC front, looks like when nephew is here I'll still be a little on the early side, but since fresh supposedly lives longer, maybe they'll hang around in there for a few days!!?? I hope so. I figure it is worth a shot anyway. But with some bad news on the NW board from an older woman like me, I'm praying that my little one ovary will still produce some good eggs!! But you know what, I'm putting it in God's hands now.

I've been working on another post as a result of my anonymous comment...one of these days I'll finish it. But too bad that person won't see it! It's so unfair to judge when you don't know the whole story. But I will tell it here, eventually.

No comments: