So it was a nice weekend overall. But it did not start out great! I left early and drove home into a thunderstorm. DP was freaking out because the dogs were down in the kennels and she couldn't leave the baby alone to go get them. I sure wish she would relax about that. She's way too paranoid about people and animals and trees being struck by lightening. We can't not live our lives expecting a great catastrophe. She was really stressing me out - she kept calling me and I could see the sky and I was rushing through the errands as fast as I could.
So anyway I got home and the first storm had passed but I could hear more thunder so I rushed to bring the 4 outside dogs to the crates we keep in the garage for cases of bad weather. Well on the 4th and final dog, smart old me apparently stepped on a nest of hornets. Thankfully I was the only one stung and I only got stung 2 times. It would have been once but one bug got in my shirt and stung me after I got back in the house! Thank goodness too that I am not allergic. We are having a terrible bee and japanese beetle bug problem this year! And of course DP and I fought a little Friday night because she was doing nothing to help me clean and get ready fro company!
But then the kids arrived and we had a great time. All the commotion of their arrival woke the baby up so we let him get up and he was so happy to see everyone. We gave him a snack, all watched a movie that they had brought the baby and then we all went to bed. Saturday we had a lovely day of fishing and Sunday we went to the lake and then to a kids place where they have those bounce houses. It was alot of fun! The kids stayed over last night too and are driving home today. I wish I didn't have to work today but it was my day to cover orientation activities so I had no choice! DP is going home this weekend to help her sister. She is leaving Friday with the baby and will pick her nephew up in DC along the way and then he'll take the bus home. DP and DS will stay the week with her sister. We did talk to nephew about the baby thing ans he claims he still wants to do it. I haven't seen the official start of AF so it could be perfect timing for the first weekend in August if DP can get back by then. Nephew says he is free that weekend. So let's see how the next couple of days turn out with that timing. It would be great if DP could pick him up on her way home and then I'd only have to fly him back or put him on the bus.
DP is getting freaked out about all she has to do in order to go away. Again, she makes a mountain out of a molehill. All she has to do is cut the grass and take the garbage to the dump. I will do all the laundry and all the packing for them. DP really gets overwhelmed easily by stress and chaos and she has a hard time dealing with death and all this is because BIL is dying of cancer. All these trips home are not for happy things.
The dog is sick again, he's probably going to have to go back to the vet tomorrow. I'm waiting for them to call me now. And this afternoon I am leaving right after my presentation. I hope I get done early. Last week was so brutal that I'm really nervous to stand up in front of another group of people!!
Money, or the lack of it, is really stressing me out. We spent a little too much this weekend and although I knew DP was going to go home for a week, I had no idea when. I only get paid once a month so I am not going to have any money for another 10 days. This trip home will probably cost us a few hundred in gas plus food for her and the baby for the week. Plus DP doesn't like to look poor in front of her family. And we just lent her other sister some money and paid for alot for the kids this weekend. It's funny, nephew and DP are so clearly related...they act the same about everything. Did I say how much I hate that we have to live paycheck to paycheck? I've got to cut our expenses!!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow....you are stressed girl. :( You poor thing. Hang in there! I hope things work out! (((HUGS)))
Thanks for the comment on my blog. That's an amazing experience and it brought tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment