I'm still having these flutters of panic. But last night I did 2 loads of laundry - did not fold them - just added them to the 2 loads from last week - lol - I need a lady like Kate has. You know Kate from John and Kate plus 8? She does all the laundry and then some nice lady comes over and folds it. That's what I need. I don't mind the washing part - heck the machine does it all anyway - but I sure hate the folding an putting away. You know what it is - I hate the chores that were the chores of my youth. My mom always made me fold laundry, empty the dishwasher, and dust. All of which I hate to do now. Tonight I will be good and fold. And last night I emptied the dishwasher, yuck, and refilled it with my dishes and ran it again and then I scrubbed the kitchen. So that's done. I'm going to do all the dusting and vacuuming on Friday so that DP can come home to a super clean house. Tonight and tomorrow I am going to finish picking up and putting things away. And then when DP gets home we need to commit to some cleaning out projects - like the front hall closet and her clothes closet. And then I have to tackle the office.
I really want to commit to things being better when she comes home. This is the longest we've been apart and the most distance between us. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks when I was pregnant but it was only 45 minutes away and she could come see me. I've gone away to a conference and she's been home before but that was only 3 days. I haven't seen my family since last Thursday at 7 am! And the baby - he wasn't up so I haven't seen him since last Wednesday when I put him to bed! So anyway, hopefully tonight I will have the same energy I found last night.
Work is work this week. It's been a bit busy and sometimes that is nice. J has been pretty easy to deal with lately, although still late most days. And I still haven't received guidance from HR on that and the FML. C is never much of a problem thank goodness. K has been annoying the hell out of me lately. She is young and is used to getting her way at home with her dad and her husband. She's whiny and complains a lot. And she pushes issues even when it is time to stop. She's very immature.
I had a meeting with my coach and my boss today for the professional development series I am doing this year. It is 16 classes and personal coaching. I'm very excited about it. I loved last semester's classes but was not as happy with my coach. I have a new one and I really like him. The meeting went well and I think I'll learn good things from him and classes. I had a good talk with my boss - we are both well aware of my strengths and weaknesses so it is good we are on the same page. She paid me a great compliment today I think. She was talking about another staff member who took the class and who really blossomed, came out of her shell, stopped complaining, etc. My boss said she wouldn't know what to do with me if I did any more of that because I am already a leader but I just need to work on the softer people skills which I agree. So it felt like a compliment and it felt very encouraging and supportive. Now if she would only get around to doing my review and giving me a raise, well then I might actually feel a bit better about work! Let's see, the big boss is looking to develop me more to be involved with the whole office rather than just my section and give me the duties that another manager is slacking on. I would say a raise should come with all that.
Yes, a raise might help some of the financial woes...
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep reading this post! It'll help with feeling more positive! :)
Post a Comment