Well DP just called and they are on the highway headed "home". Last night my brother-in-law was rushed from the hospice home to the hospital - they think he has an infection. So we moved the departure up by one day. Luckily I had most everything ready to go last night so I just went ahead and made the the food for the cooler and did that last load of laundry. It was a long night - got to bed around 11 pm only to have a thunder storm roll through that woke up the baby. He was in our bed until 2 am. I slept through the alarm this morning and was 1/2 hour late for work. Ugh, I'm never late, but being late and having a sick day all in one week makes me feel like a slacker.
Anyway DP and DS are headed up interstate 95 to Washington, DC as I write. They will pick up nephew and continue north towards "home". There is this part of me that feels relief - I'll hopefully have some peace for a week and get a few things done. But this other part of me feels so empty and alone. And of course nervous for them driving until they meet up with our nephew. We didn't get alot of sleep last night and it will be a long day and part of the night driving. I'm feeling very emotional right now...I'll probably post too much today and not get much done at work!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww, sweetie, I wanna give you a hug so bad. Hang in there!!! (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment