Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Another example of hypocrisy

So last night at bed time, I was walking to our room carrying the sick dog's bed (he wants to be in the same room with us so we've been moving the bed around) and in the other hand I had a bottle of water. Some of the baby's toys were in the hall and a sippy cup was on the floor in the foyer (we have a downstairs master bedroom and it is off the front hall foyer). I walked right by it all and into the room. DP was headed out the front door to smoke and she says to me "Nice, walk right over the baby's cup and don't pick it up." Right then and there I called her out. It was the first I'd seen the cup and my hands were full. I had every intention of going back to pick it up and take it to the sink. She on the other hand had already been out 2 other times to smoke since the baby had gone to bed, meaning this was now the THIRD TIME she walked over it without picking it up. I let her know she was an f-ing hypocrite. When I came down from putting the baby to bed I went right at the bottom of the stairs to the living room and kitchen. I never headed through the foyer to the bedroom until we went to bed. Otherwise I would have picked it up and not walked over a cup of milk that can sour THREE TIMES like someone else did. And the only reason I walked past it the first time is because MY HANDS WERE FULL.

I was too tired to do anything last night. The kitchen is a mess. I got up early today and started to empty the dishwasher, but I still had to shower and iron clothes so I left the house with a sink full of dirty dishes. I'm sure I will hear about it!! I hate doing it, leaving a mess, but I was so tired, really in slow motion last night and this morning. I almost called in today but I prefer to save my time for when I really need it!

Will write more later, got to start work!

1 comment:

twondra said...

Wow....I don't know how you stay so strong, sweetie. (((HUGS)))