Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from vacation

Well, I'm really back from my "staycation" since we didn't go anywhere - lol! We did go to the lake and we did go fishing. We had alot of rain so we didn't get to do too many outdoor things. DP's nephew blew us off - so there was no baby making - and the timing did turn out to be perfect. He didn't call to say he wasn't coming and didn't answer the cell phone or return any messages. I mentioned this could happen, but it hurts all the same. DP has finally talked to him but did not talk about him blowing me off - she said it was our arrangement and I just can't be bothered discussing it with him. I don't want anyone to know how hurt I am and with things the way they are, it's just better to let it go. He's called my cell a couple of times and I just politely say hi and pass the phone. I have no desire to talk to him.

I'm not very happy to be back at the stress of work, yet somewhat relieved to get a break from the stress at home. There's just so much going on and I am so confused and torn about which way to turn and which way to go.

My darling son continues to torment and amuse us with the terrible two's. Yesterday he locked DP out of the house when she went to take out the garbage. Somehow she managed to talk him into unlocking the door. What really concerns me is the amount of times she leaves him unattended. I noticed this quite a bit while I was on vacation. She will just go out to smoke or do something and just leave him in the house. She also napped most afternoons on vacation so I think I now have a pretty good idea of what goes on while I am not at home and I don't like it. The baby has also learned to howl like one of our dogs which leaves me in hysterics. We have this mournful Rottweiler and he will howl like he's just lost his best friend. Now the baby mimics him when he does it. Temper tantrums have been almost daily now, but super nanny's naughty step technique has been very effective.

It's a life of highs and lows from one minute to the next. I need some space to clear my head. DP may be going "home" again soon and will take the baby with her. Her sister needs help moving now that her husband has entered hospice care. As much as I don't want to be away from the baby, I need some serious time away from DP to clear my head and decide what to do.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Wow. I'm sooo sorry about your nephew and I'm sorry about DP. :( I'm thinking of you sweetie! Soooo glad to have you back! I missed ya!